Giving hope and a future
We do this through:
- Evangelism: Sharing the Good News of Jesus
- Discipleship: Equipping people to grow in Christ through the Word and the Spirit
- Community Outreach: Serving our city and reaching out to those in need
- Connections: Building strong relationships throughout the church community
Jesus is our hope, people are our purpose, love is our call
We are a church that:
- is authentic
- is Bible-based and Spirit-led
- has heart-felt worship
- seeks unity
- acts with openness and acceptance
Looking toward 2030, New Hope Church Brisbane will see people’s lives transformed in Brisbane and beyond, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Why? Because 2 million people in the greater Brisbane area walk around in isolation, carry addictions and are unconnected to the wonder and life-changing power of the gospel and the loving community which is His church. No longer should the hope-draining idols of materialism, power and prestige rule on our watch. Everybody, all generations, races and culture, from the last, the least and the lost, whether rich or poor, should have the chance to know the love of Jesus, for time is short.
We are rising up and fighting back! We have great hope, and a passion to see 5,000 decisions for Christ. Our hope is that we will journey with at least a quarter of these new believers as they say “yes” to discipleship and “no” to spiritual poverty.
We see us planted in our own building with a church of at least 500 who walk according to the Spirit, for the Kingdom of God is not a kingdom of talk, but of power.
As we grow, we will multiply. We do church as a team. We see many Pastors & leaders using their gifts & equipping others to do the work of the ministry. We see a ministry training school raising up all generations and giftings for the body of Christ, equipping 100 students per year. Regular mission teams will be propelled outward to communities in our nation and around the world. We have a dream that our church will see three church plants that launch the message of Jesus and His kingdom beyond our borders.
As we share hope with our words, we will also share hope with our hands. New Hope Care will battle the real poverty of being unloved, uncared for and unwanted by increasing 10-fold so that up to 1,000 people each year will experience the compassionate love of God.
We stand in obedient anticipation of the powerful way God’s presence will transform our church to impact our city and beyond.
3-Year Background Vision (to end 2022)
- Church Plant: We will have launched our first church plant and established a church planting strategy
- We will empower and equip our church. New Hope will have a Ministry Training School with 20 students per year and three missions trip per year. We will have developed a strategy which engages team ministry through teaching, generous stewardship and leadership development pathways.
- We will see 300 decisions for Christ per year through the utilization of Alpha, New hope Care and targeted outreach events.
- Transformed lives will be evidenced at New Hope. New Hope will have an established discipleship program incorporating education and mentoring which sees at least 25% of new converts discipled and established in the life of our church.
- New Hope Care will expand to 250 individuals cared for per year. Expansion will take place through effective training of volunteers and expanding the catchment and releasing other opportunities into the future.
2020 Focus Goal
80% of our church will be empowered to use their gifts and talents in such a way that they are actively building into the life of our church.